Feeling Occasional Stress? Strategies to Help You Relax
Familiarize yourself with the strategies to help relax your mind‡
Let’s Get Personal:
Here’s a little story about stress: I have an older sister and we are incredibly similar—I’m talking personality, the way we speak, our mannerisms and we even look almost identical. However, we manage our stress differently. When life gets overwhelming, she creates a list of what she needs to get done, using her phone, and checks it off as she completes each task. For me, well, I’m a little less mentally organized. My method of trying to organize my thoughts looks more like me scribbling unintelligible notes on random pieces of paper scattered throughout the house. But, I promise you—I know which tasks need to get done and I’m (usually) never late — surprisingly.
So, which stressed-out sister do you sound like? Whatever your method, I think it may be safe to assume we all could use some help in managing the occasional stress overload.
Take Control of Your Days
Just imagine it, you wake up in the morning, coffee in hand, mentally preparing for your day. Your kids are still asleep…ahh…the sound of sweet silence. You can actually hear the birds chirping just outside your window!
Then you hear it…
Your kids are awake and screaming at each other because one of them stole the other’s favorite stuffed bunny, and the other just realized they went the whole night sleeping without it.
Here comes the stress! If this is an occurrence in your life then maybe our Daily Stress Formula is right up your alley?
- Made with chamomile and lemon balm, Daily Stress Formula helps support relaxation and calmness during times of occasional stress.‡
- The formula includes the herbal ingredient Bacopa monnieri, which may help promote memory and cognitive function, along with healthy enzyme activity in the brain and supporting the ability to deal with stress1. (Interesting fact: Bacopa monnieri has been used for centuries, stemming from ancient times in India, as an ingredient used to support occasional stress.)‡
- Daily Stress Formula contains the adaptogen herb Rhodiola, which may help to moderate mild fatigue under stressful conditions and support short-term memory and concentration.‡
- The amino acid L-Tyrosine has the potential to promote cognitive function and memory under stressful conditions.3 ‡
- Eleutherococcus senticosus, or eleuthero, is used in the formula as an adaptogen to help bolster adrenal function and stress resistance.‡
Calming Support from Ashwagandha‡
The benefits of ashwagandha go beyond just cardiovascular, immune and joint support—it may help with the cognitive side of things, too!‡
- Ashwagandha is best known to help counteract the effects of occasional physical and mental stress, as well as support cognition and memory function.3 ‡
- Ashwagandha is an herb that belongs to the pepper family and has been used extensively for over 4,000 years for promoting overall health and longevity.‡
Let’s Address the Basics
Okay, so maybe it’s not your kids causing you that mental overload. Maybe, it’s just the pressure of the day. I can get on board with that! Either things aren’t going your way, or you’ve got a big project due, and no matter how hard you try to stay positive and optimistic, it’s just not your day. We could all use a little Emotional Wellness‡ during those times.
- Our Emotional Wellness contains a blend of amino acids, herbs and vitamin cofactors to promote a healthy emotional well-being. It also helps promote cognitive function during times of occasional stress.‡
- It also includes a blend of GABA and l-theanine to help enhance alpha wave production in the brain, which may help promote relaxation.4,5‡
- The formula also contains passion flower, which has been used traditionally for hundreds of years to promote relaxation and help moderate occasional stress.‡
- Plus! Vitamin B6 is a cofactor that plays an important role in supporting positive emotional health.‡
After all, promoting a healthy headspace may be the first steps to changing your day into a good one!
Want Restful Sleep Support‡?
- Did you know that the benefits of ashwagandha extract may help maintain healthy cortisol levels.6 ‡
- Maintaining a healthy cortisol response and it may help support relaxation, restful sleep and help promote a positive mood during times of occasional stress.7 ‡
- Cortisol, released in response to stress, is mainly produced by the adrenal cortex. The Sensoril® ashwagandha extract found in our Cortisol Calm helps promote relaxation and helps support healthy sleep, positive mood and cognitive function.7 ‡
Easier Said Than Done:
Whatever life throws your way, the overwhelming feeling of getting everything ready in the morning, getting your kids lunches ready and them out the door so they aren’t late for school – all while you woke up 15 minutes late. Or maybe it’s the fact that work has felt almost impossible lately? Whatever it is that’s bugging you, why not consider supplements that support occasional stress? Next time you feel like you need that little extra level of support, you have the tools to help equip you with the memory & mood support products to help you take control of your day and your overall wellbeing.
1. Roodenrys S, Booth D, Bulzomi S, Phipps A, Micallef C, Smoker J. Neuropsychopharmacology Aug2002;27(2):279-81
2. De Bock K, Eijnde BO, Ramaekers M, et al. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004 Jun;14(3):298-307.
3. Mishra LC, Singh BB, Dagenais S. Altern Med Rev. 2000 Aug;5(4):334-46.
4. Yoto A, Murao S, Motoki M, et al. Amino Acids. 2012 Sep;43(3):1331-7.
5. NobreAC, Rao A, Owen GN. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:167-8.
6. Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, Abedon B, Ghosal S. JANA. 2008 11(1): 50-6
7. Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, Abedon B, Ghosal S. JANA. 2008 11(1): 50-6